INM Committees and Grant Office
As a way to address important and common issues linked to our research and the functioning of the institute, we created different committees.
The objective of this working group is to optimize communication both within the INM and between the INM and the outside world: scientific public, general public, patient associations, etc.
The members coordinate and manage :
- the organization of the Institute's internal and external seminars
- the content and updating of the information on the lobby screens
- the content and updating of the Institute's website
- the content and updating of the Institute's social network accounts
They are also reference persons to help with communication with patient associations and the organization of events for the general public.
The objectives of the committee are as follows:
- To ensure that the generation of new knowledge at the INM meets the highest standards of scientific integrity and ethics.
- Promote work policies that combat discrimination (gender, minorities, etc.), personal misconduct, and harassment, while providing the necessary support to staff in case of problems.
These objectives will be achieved through seminars dedicated to these themes, mandatory training, and the dissemination of reference documents. The committee members belonging to the different categories of personnel (tenure researchers, engineers, technicians, post-doctoral researchers, students) act as reference persons to provide listening and support as well as to transmit serious issues to the management of the INM and to supervising institutional bodies.
In 2021, a working group will be created to reflect on the development of eco-responsible practices and think about the environmental impact of our research at the INM.
The objectives of this WG will be:
- To centralize information on environmental issues (in general and those of the INM in particular) and disseminate it to the INM (format to be defined)
- Reflect on existing problems at the INM (waste, plastic, insulation, etc.), define improvement objectives and propose actions
- Implement and follow up the selected actions
- To be in contact with other laboratories and our “tutelles” concerning these issues
The prevention of occupational hazards through the Health and Safety (H&S) management is a priority. Animated by our H&S officer the committee is in charge of reviewing, editing and diffusing relevant H&S procedures to all INM staff. Incidentally the Committee is implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) which help ensure tracability, integrity and protection of intellectual property (IP). The QMS will help report suggestions of improvement or signal non-conformities or problems.
The objective of the Grant Office is to support research teams in seeking funding and responding to national, European and international calls for tenders.
Its main mission are:
- Carry out a strategic watch on the different types of calls for proposals related to research activities in neuroscience, at the national (ANR, FRM, patient associations ...) and international (Horizon Europe, NIH ...) levels
- Create and develop a database of funding agencies, open to all researchers from the Institute of Neurosciences of Montpellier
- Ensure targeted dissemination of funding sources to scientists according to their research themes
- Assist the researchers in the preparation of the administrative and financial files before submission (establishment of the budget, checking the eligibility of expenditure, compliance with regulations) in coordination with the concerned departments
- Create a database of submitted and selected projects
Participate in the administrative and financial follow-up of projects, in connection with institutional partners, internal administrative services and supervisory bodies, scientific managers, partners and funders.